- Albania / Albania
- Austria / Österreich
- Bosnia and Herzegovina / Босна и Херцеговина
- Bulgaria / България
- Croatia / Hrvatska
- Czech Republic & Slovakia / Česká republika & Slovensko
- Denmark / Danmark
- Finland / Suomi
- France / France
- Germany / Deutschland
- Greece / ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
- Italy / Italia
- Netherlands / Nederland
- Nordic / Nordic
- Poland / Polska
- Portugal / Portugal
- Romania & Moldova / România & Moldova
- Slovenia / Slovenija
- Serbia & Montenegro / Србија и Црна Гора
- Spain / España
- Sweden / Sverige
- Switzerland / Schweiz
- Turkey / Türkiye
- UK & Ireland / UK & Ireland
It’s a staple of every dental meeting — strolling aisles and aisles of booths stocked with the latest and best products in the industry, standing in lines to get questions answered by company reps and stocking up on essential products while purchasing others you just want to try out.
But even though it looks a bit different this year, there are still plenty of reasons, including some new and improved ones, to check out the exhibit hall at the Ontario Dental Association’s virtual Annual Spring Meeting, going on through Saturday.
At last count, there were more than 75 exhibitors in the virtual exhibit hall, all waiting for you to join them. Earn 1 C.E. credit by visiting booths during each of the following times: 8 to 9:30 a.m., 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 7 (all times are Eastern).
Access to the exhibit hall will continue through May 31. (If you haven’t yet registered for the conference, you can also do that until May 31 at asm.oda.ca/registration-info/.) You will be able to use the chat feature as well from May 8 to 31, but please allow 24 hours for an exhibitor to respond during those dates.
During the live hours, companies will have staff on hand to answer your questions. During this virtual meeting, networking might even be more accessible than an in-person meeting. Instead of tracking down an exhibitor or representative in a large convention centre, virtual attendees will have many opportunities for direct communication, instant messaging and impromptu conversations at the click of a button.
As an extra incentive, many companies are offering a variety of show specials to ASM21 attendees. Be sure to click on the Attendee Swag Bag in the navigation bar in order to access discount coupons for use on the exhibits floor
A full list of virtual exhibitors can be found in the ASM21 Show Guide (found at https://online.flippingbook.com/view/828288482/58/), starting on Page 58, but if you’re having trouble deciding where to start upon entering the exhibit floor, here are a few highlights:
- Air Techniques has a new Vent-Less Vacuum System series featuring the Mojave Vent-Less and VacStar Vent-Less systems. These dental vacuum exhaust air filtration models are ideal for high-rise buildings, current offices without vents and any office that wants to upgrade its vacuum system. Each model has a medical-grade ULPA filter with a 99.995 percent retention rate, ensuring it’s safe to exhaust directly into the mechanical room.
- Align Technology is featuring the iTero Element Plus Series, which expands the company’s portfolio of iTero Element scanners and imaging systems to include new solutions that serve a broader range of the dental market. The new iTero Element Plus Series of scanners and imaging systems builds on the success of the award-winning iTero Element family and offers all of the existing orthodontic and restorative digital capabilities doctors have come to rely on. It is available in both cart and mobile configurations.
- COLTENE SciCan is offering the OPTIM 1, a fast and effective one-step cleaner disinfectants that has a one-minute broad-spectrum contact time, according to the company. OPTIM 1 Wipes have excellent wetness, the company asserts, ensuring complete and fully compliant disinfection with each application.
Drink, play and just hang out
Looking for an area to chat with your colleagues and friends? Want to take a break from educational sessions and the exhibit hall and wind down a little? Look no further than the CDSPI Networking Lounge.
The lounge is a perfect spot to chat, either as a large group or one-on-one. It also has a variety of events that are free for attendees.
- Cocktails and Dreams Bar: Grab a seat at the Cocktails and Dreams Bar, from 5 to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 7, for a fun cocktail mixing show. Owner Zack Prohaska will entertain attendees with his bottle-flipping, tin-spinning, cocktail-making performance. Attendance is unlimited.
- Casino: Come play blackjack with your friends and colleagues virtually — just like you would at a real casino! Chips will be supplied, and you can talk, play or learn the game. Join a table with up to seven other players, led by a live casino dealer. All players will compete for tickets for a raffle of prizes at the end of the night. The casino is open 4:15 to 5 p.m. and 5:15 to 6 p.m. on Friday, May 7. Make sure you arrive 15 minutes early as attendance is limited to 98 people per time slot.
- Exercise your brain with trivia: Get your brains pumping with some virtual trivia! Enjoy three rounds with your colleagues as a live host reads off trivia questions. Each round contains two popular themes that will give everyone a chance to show off their knowledge. You’ll have to answer the questions as fast as you can on your smartphones to get the most points. Winners of each round will receive ballots for a raffle at the end of the night. Trivia will take place at 12:40 p.m., 1:20 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Friday, May 7, and will last a half hour each. Attendance is limited to 150 people per timeslot.
- Smile, snap and share: Use the ASM21 Photo Booth to share a snap or two with colleagues and friends on social media. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #ASM21. Then be sure to check out the Mosaic Wall to see who else is attending ASM21.
For more information on the ASM21 or to register, go to asm.oda.ca/registration-info/.
(Source: Ontario Dental Association)